On August 18 & 19 2021, the Responsible Investment Association (RIA), along with Reconciliation Canada and RRII, will hold two workshops on reconciliation.
- August 18: Reconciliation Dialogue Workshop – delivered by Reconciliation Canada
This workshop explores the shared history of Indigenous peoples and all Canadians and builds a deeper understanding of our individual and collective roles in overcoming this history, and finding a new way forward. Through storytelling and dialogue, participants become aware of their personal outlooks and internal lenses that influence their perception of daily events and circumstances. You will gain insight into how our own past experiences relate to the society we live in today. You will develop ideas on what you can do on an individual and organizational level to further reconciliation.Note: This is an intimate 1/2 day workshop for up to 40 RIA members only.Cost: $125Click here for registration and more information.
- August 19: From Awareness to Action: Advancing Reconciliation as Investors – delivered by RRII
Investors can play a critical role in the advancement of reconciliation in capital markets. Drawing on case studies from across Canada and Advancing Reconciliation in Canada: A Guide for Investors (2020), this webinar will explore tangible opportunities to meaningfully contribute to reconciliation. It will highlight strategies to support the growth of the Indigenous economy and ensure respect for Indigenous rights. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear how you can help move your institution from awareness to action on reconciliation.Speakers
- Shannon Rohan, Chief Strategy Officer, SHARE
- Mark Sevestre, Senior Advisor and Founding Member, NATOA
- Liz Simmie, Co-Founder, Honeytree Investment Management
- Paul Lacerte, Managing Partner, Raven Capital Partners
- Tabatha Bull, President & CEO, Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB)
Click here for registration and more information.